These were supposed to be healthy, I swear. The taste tester sent me a link for pancake recipes and this one caught my eye. So pretty and colorful, plus not totally unhealthy, they looked perfect.
BUT. Buuutttt, I didn’t have Cor-fetti protein powder. And I started to get afraid that without that flavor of protein powder these would taste a lot like regular pancakes with sprinkles. Which would still be delicious, because well, sprinkles. But, I wanted confetti CAKE pancakes.
So then I started googling. I was googling things like confetti cake and confetti cake frosting and cake batter pancakes and well, then these pancakes happened. And they are delicious. And sweet, so sweet, like better without maple syrup, eat them right off the griddle deliciously sweet. That being said, you probably don’t need the additional sugar.
This recipe is inspired from a few different recipes. Here’s some links to help you out:
- ¾ c. (99 g) white flour
- ¾ c. (99g) whole wheat flour
- ⅔ c. (183 g) yellow cake mix (see link, above)
- 1 scoop (32 g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbs. sugar (omit unless you like things really sweet)
- ¾ t. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla extract (if not using vanilla protein powder)
- 2 cups milk (I used almond)
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk, and coconut oil (plus vanilla if using).
- Mix, but remember there will still be lumps, so mix only until just combined.
- Over medium-low heat (these will brown faster because of the protein powder), heat a skillet or griddle. I like to use cast iron. Melt coconut oil on griddle and use a pastry brush to cover.
- Measure about ¼ c. batter into the pan or griddle, cook until bubbles start to form. Flip. Cook until cooked through.
- Serve with syrup, buttercream frosting glaze, or fruit.
#doggiocentric, #dogsneedpancakestoo, #dogslovesprinkles